JUNE 5-7, 2019
Intercontinental Boston Waterfront Hotel
Higher Ed Remastered
For Eduventures Summit 2019 – and for the foreseeable future – we will be sticking with the theme, Higher Ed Remastered. Why? Because this phrase captures what Summit aspires to be every year: insightful, compelling and relevant. Remastered occupies the creative space between continuity and change, staring down both reactionaries and revolutionaries. Higher education needs honest, open debate about a myriad of questions that will shape its future.
The search for a truly new higher education business model must grapple with product, time, cost, and structure and address these important questions:
- Should most schools buy courses from the best rather than build their own?
- Could the value of a bachelor’s degree be packaged in 60 credits rather than 120?
- Could life off-campus be a more stimulating and less expensive classroom?
- Could judicious use of online learning focus pricey live interaction where it has most value?
- Could study and work be integrated to boost employability, reduce tuition, and increase student earnings?
- Should higher education be a series of micro credentials over decades rather than four years of full-time study after high school?
Eduventures Summit 2019 will wrestle with these questions, bringing together eminent thinkers, leaders, and practitioners from across the higher education spectrum to examine and showcase the best ideas, old and new. If there is one event in higher ed you attend this year, it should be Eduventures Summit.
The flow of the narrative and the diverse, but threaded topics, were incredibly effective and thought-provoking.
The EdTalks were a great addition….particularly with the focus on the student experience.
The quality of speakers and data/research presented was fantastic.
In the higher education product marketplace, vendors fall along a spectrum. At one end is the majority of vendors who focus exclusively on higher education. They believe higher education has unique problems and develop products and features to address these...read more
It’s officially crunch time for college football! Players and coaches are buckling down to get the best performances they can as they head into the heart of the season. Teams must brush off early losses or lackluster performance to have a chance at the playoffs. This...read more
©2018 ACT® | NRCCUA®