Enroll Smarter with Encoura Data Lab
ACT® | NRCCUA® has evolved to better support the growing needs of institutions, students, and families as the higher education landscape continues to change. We’ve combined the myCollegeOptions® program, Education Opportunity Service (EOS), and ACT College Score Reporting service inside Encoura™ Data Lab – higher ed’s app-based platform for using data science, analytics, and research to enroll the best-fit students.
Your institution can now gain access to the most inclusive and diverse student population nationwide in a single platform. Even further, we’ll guide your institution using predictive modeling, analytics, and custom research, like the Student Mindsets™ developed by Eduventures®, to drive meaningful engagement with students and make real-time decisions to yield your best-fit class.
Start enrolling smarter where informed decisions begin.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Encoura Data Lab?
Encoura Data Lab is an app-based software-as-a-service platform used by higher education institutions to craft their classes and make strategic enrollment and student success decisions using data science, analytics, institution-specific research, and digital services.
What applications are in Encoura Data Lab?
Currently there are five key applications in Encoura Data Lab with additional applications in progress.
- Class Planner – This application allows enrollment leaders to visualize all of the student profiles entering our programs from the testing services and our college planning program to craft their class. Members are able to connect with their best-fit students by defining their search criteria including ACT score bands, demographic segments, major interests, and use the SMART+ model to identify the students most likely to enroll at your institution in a certain demographic or geographic area.
- Data Center – A center for members to review orders and retrieve all types of student search files including Prospect Search, ACT Score Reports, Declared, Legacy Students, and more.
- Enrollment Lens – Custom analytics, purpose-built for enrollment leaders to examine their enrollment funnels and identify strategies to improve conversions and meet institution goals. The SMART+ predictive model is included with access to Enrollment Lens. It is unique to your institution and the only predictive model in the industry that allows you to know how likely a student is to attend your institution before purchasing the student record.
- Eduventures Research – An e-library of higher education market analyses, primary research, and institution-specific research as conducted by Eduventures researchers.
- Engagement Analytics – A marketing performance and campaign tracking tool for institutions taking advantage of our omni-channel enrollment communication services.
What advantages does Encoura Data Lab offer to enrollment professionals?
Encoura Data Lab has many key advantages, as it is a command center for all of the applications and programs offered by ACT | NRCCUA and Eduventures in one place. When combined with unmatched support and mindshare from our dedicated enrollment consultants, member institutions will uncover blind spots and create efficiencies in their enrollment practices.
Using Encoura Data Lab, institutions can expect to:
- Have access to the most expansive data set for student search created from the combined power of the myOptions college planning program, PreACT, and ACT assessment.
- Connect with students who are familiar with member institutions using our Declared Student Connection, Legacy Student Locator, and ACT Score Reports.
- Focus resources on the most ideal students using the SMART+™ enrollment prediction model to find students most likely to enroll at their institutions.
- Use more transparent analytics to optimize student progress through the funnel and find opportunities to refine yield strategies.
- Build more effective messaging to resonate with students using the Prospective Student Survey and Survey of Admitted Students.
- Peruse the Eduventures Research Library to understand best practices for innovating programs or adding new ones to your portfolio.
Does an institution or organization have to be an ACT | NRCCUA member to access Encoura Data Lab?
Yes, except in the case of organizations who solely receive ACT Score Reports. Membership supports ACT | NRCCUA’s ability to fund programs like myOptions that promote educational equality among students while simultaneously providing the foundation for our higher education programs and research.
Do institutions currently using Encoura Data Lab need to request a separate login to access EOS data?
No, you will continue to have access through your existing Encoura Data Lab login.
What is the cost of Encoura Data Lab?
Access to Class Planner and the other core applications in Encoura Data Lab is an exclusive benefit to ACT | NRCCUA members and Eduventures research & advisory clients. Questions about membership or subscriptions to Encoura Data Lab should be directed to your institution’s dedicated Regional Director.
Organizations participating in the ACT College Score Reporting program can request complimentary access Encoura Data Lab to download download. Any set up and additional delivery fees previously incurred to receive these scores will no longer be required.
When did Enroll sunset move into Encoura Data Lab?
November 2019. The Enroll platform will remain available in read-only mode during the transition period. With read-only access, you can view your search history as a reference; however, the ability to make changes to searches or place a purchase will not be active.
We have a turn-key service to ease the transition and help you rebuild your search lists!
What ACT higher education services will be available in Encoura Data Lab ?
- Education Opportunity Service (EOS)
- ACT Score Reporting
- ACT Information Manager (AIM) Projected FY 2020
- Enrollment Information Service (EIS) – Projected FY 2021
- ACT CollegeReady – TBA
Two former ACT products, Enrollment Information Service (EIS) and ACT Information Manager (AIM) will no longer be available in their current forms. The functionality of these applications will be appearing in Encoura Data Lab in the future.
How are these services delivered in Encoura Data Lab?
- Student Search – Educational Opportunity Service (EOS) will merge with the Talent Identification Program (TIP) inside Encoura Data Lab, creating a combined “Prospect Search” with a more comprehensive student profile.
- Retrieving Files – The Data Center application allows members to download student search files from Encoura Data Lab. The Data Center application has replaced all other methods of delivering student records.
- Delivery Cadence – Students continuously enter our programs throughout the school year. Delivery of records matching your searches can be set to one-time, monthly, or continuous cadence per your request. Notifications will be sent when new files are ready to download according to the settings established in your account menu.
Will my purchase history from ACT Enroll be migrated to Encoura Data Lab to prevent re-purchasing data?
Yes for purchases made July 2019 and forward. Further, we have an “Acquired” filter that allows members to include or omit student profiles they have captured in previous searches. In alignment with best practices in data privacy, all terms of access follow NRCCUA membership terms of access.
Will the price per record of the merged data change?
Encoura Data Lab has a subscription-based model based on your institution’s student search strategy. A Regional Director in your area will be happy to discuss the pricing model that best suits your needs and goals. If you are unsure who your Regional Director is, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will connect you to the appropriate team member.
Should I still contact ACT Customer Care to access support?
Once you begin using Encoura Data Lab, support will be available from the Encoura staff. We have a customer support team ready and available to assist with any questions you may have about getting started with Encoura Data Lab. Please reach out to your Regional Director or email@example.com, and we will get you the answers you need!
Who can I reach out to with a question about this transition?
A Regional Director in your area will be your primary point of contact and assist with questions about services, options, and pricing. Our Member Support Team and Enrollment Services Consultants will support the delivery of student profiles, strategy sessions, and other professional services to ensure you get the most out of Encoura Data Lab. If you’re unsure who that would be, please send and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will connect you.
Get More Information
If you still have questions about this transition, please feel free to request a consultation with a representative in your area by filling in the form above.