We’re looking for a Senior Full-Stack Engineer to be a key member of a small, skilled, results-oriented team of product engineers. We’re building the next generation of our products, and we want someone with as much passion for the work as we have. If you absolutely love working with the MEAN stack, and have a solid foundation of software engineering skills, you may be the person we’re looking for.
You’ll be working as part of a Scrum team, developing web apps and RESTful microservices with Docker on AWS. This is a hands-on role, working with other senior engineers, writing code, testing, and deploying the finished apps and libraries.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Create working, maintainable, and fast web apps, web service APIs, and libraries from product requirements and UX/UI designs, and in conjunction with other senior engineers.
- Enhance, refactor, and continuously improve the codebase.
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical people.
- Solve business needs with short-term deliverables, while constantly improving and moving towards long-term architectural goals.
- Generate new ideas, never say or think “that’s not my job.”
- Be proactive in keeping your skills fresh.
Required Education or Formal Training:
- 2+ years of experience developing with the MEAN stack – MongoDB, Express, Angular, and Node.js. Angular 2 experience is a plus.
- 1+ years of experience developing on AWS and Linux.
- Experience in RESTful service development on the Node platform. Experience with Docker and microservice architecture is a plus.
- Knowledge of Node performance techniques.
- Familiarity with performance testing and tuning Node servers.
- Good working knowledge of unit testing and continuous integration.
- Python skills are a plus. We typically use Node for front-line servers, but we also use Python for server development.
- Good understanding of OOAD, OOP, and design patterns.
- An appreciation for pragmatism and simplicity in code.
- A strong product and design sensibility.
- BS Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Certified Scrum Master is a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Mission driven culture
- Paid holidays and generous PTO policy
- Generous benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Life and Disability, HSA, FSA, Tuition Reimbursement, and 401k
- Casual dress
- Free Snacks
- Located right in the middle of downtown Austin at Capital Factory
- Collaborative and energetic work environment with other motivated, career-driven professionals
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.